Saturday, May 7, 2011

Easiest Nutella Cookie Ever - Simple Saturday and Gluten Free

I'm not kidding, this is so easy I'll give the ingredients first: 1 Cup Nutella + 1 egg.

CRISPY CHEWY NUTELLA COOKIES

This recipe came about because my Nutella Cookies didn't have enough Nutella taste for my obsessive palate. I wanted the taste of "Nutella-on-a-spoon" (you KNOW you know what I'm talkin' about), but in an easy carry-around serving size.

I had made "Easy, No flour, Almond Butter cookies" with just one egg, so maybe this would work too?

It does. Oh, it does.


You know how the best part of a brownie is the chewy edge or crispy top? (They've even made brownie pans that give you more edge because so many of us love that part.)

They've made muffin pans so shallow that all you get are muffin tops (the ones we like to eat, not the ones that are a result of it.)

Well...these cookies taste like brownie edges. They are a hand-held mixture of crispy and chewy. They are "tote-able Nutella". They are dangerous.
Some of these I rolled in crushed walnuts (hazelnuts would be fabulous, but I didn't have those in the pantry.) They spread a lot, so be sure to give them plenty of room. Go get your Nutella-fix. It will take you all of 20 minutes.

Crispy Chewy Nutella Cookies:

1 cup Nutella

1 egg


1) Mix these two ingredients together in a bowl. Be patient - start whisking slowly, then harder until fully incorporated. The batter will be very loose.

2) Drop by small spoonfuls onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. 3) Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 8-10 minutes. ( I turned my pan half-way through for even cooking.)

The less cooking makes them more soft and chewy, the more cooking increases the "crispy". Check it according to your own oven heat and the size of the cookies you make.

**Optional - I didn't get a picture of these, but they were also good sprinkled with powdered sugar, or sandwiched together with cream cheese.


Nutella tote-ables, oh yeah. :D

20 comments:

Kitchen Runway said...

Hi!! It was great seeing you again at camp!! I love the simplicity of this recipe - how can you go wrong with nutella? Take care and I'm looking forward to staying in touch!

Diane Schmidt said...

WOW! Those look so good, I really feel like heating up the oven and making a batch. I can almost smell the yummy-ness!
PS. I have NO idea what you are talking about the flavor of Nutella off a spoon :)

Cowgirl Chef said...

Marry me.

Tracy said...

I doth verily swoon. Are you kidding me? This is substantial enough to make me break out the silpats...

Kristina Vanni said...

Pure genius!!! I make a three ingredient peanut butter cookie and I thought those were easy! I can't wait to try this. It's one of those "magic" recipes.

Khali//Bandit and the Scene Stealers said...

Oh Boy Oh Boy!!!!! These look absolutely amazing!!! I can't wait to try these. I am already claiming them as my holiday gift to neighbors, friends, employees..well, everyone! thank you!

Cookin' Canuck said...

A cookie that has Nutella and tastes like brownie edges? Curse you, Cathy! Now I'm going to have to make these.

showfoodchef said...

Kitchen Runway: You too, loved seeing you - that was so much fun. Thx for stopping by here, too.

Diane: Thx, and your cookies, baked goods are always so fabulous - thx for checking these out.

Cowgirl Chef: My answer is YES :D Can we live in Paris?

Tracy: love it. Let me know what ya think, ok?

Kristina: Right? I was so excited. Thx for stopping by.

Boots,etc..: I hope you'll let me know how it goes. They would make an easy gift/snack or tea cookie :D

Cookin' Canuck: Love you, and thx for stopping by here.

Emily (Roots+Platters) said...

I'm so excited to make these cookies this weekend! Who knew such a simple thing would bring so much joy?! It was so nice to meet you at Camp Blogaway - hopefully we'll get to meet up again soon!

Nicole said...

Made these last night. Complete failure. Well, lets not say complete failure. They were edible, but incredibly oily. And they look nothing like your cookies but instead resemble florentines. They never became crispy but remained soft. Even the edges never became that "brownie edge" consistency you speak of, but instead became simply sticky like caramel. Even when I increased the baking time on the second pan, there was no improvement in texture. I baked them up to 14 minutes (longer and they would have burned) and never overcame the greasy limp factor. Did taste like nutella, though. I will give you that.

I've got an oven thermometer, I rotated my pans half way through cooking. I don't know why it failed.

showfoodchef said...

Nicole: so sorry for your loss of Nutella :D, and of course time. I had that happen once too, but I think it is because of not beating the egg in enough to make a full emulsion. The rest of the times (which have been over 10 times now with a teenage boy who fell in love with them) have worked. Let me know if you try again I hope it works better for you. Thx for leaving a comment. I want it to work for you, so let me know.

Michele said...

Tried these tonight...amazing! And with milk (almond milk in my case)....unbelievably amazing! Thanks for the recipe. YUM YUM!

Unknown said...

Oh my heavens, thank you! I can't wait to give these a try!
I have some friends who are obsessive about Nutella, so I have to make these for them too!
Amber
p.s. I found this link through Pinterest.

Cherry Chick said...

I'm a total Nutella fan and I, too, found your recipe link via the Pinterest site. I made the cookies this week and they are wonderful. I took your advice and sprinkled some chopped hazelnuts over the top of the cookies before I baked them. I could eat the whole batch but I have to remind myself that it's a whole cup of Nutella....lol! Thanks so much for sharing with us.
´*•.¸(´*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥•.*.*.*.Cherry*.*.*.•♥
♥•.*.*.*.Chick.*.*.*.•♥
¸.•*´(¸.•*´♥´*•.¸)´*•.¸

rosasdolcevita said...

Hi Cathy,
I made these cookies and they turned out AMAZING!!! Talk about addictive! I originally found your recipe on another blog (Linda over at Lemon Drop), but I wanted to also let you know how much my kids and I enjoyed these cookies. This is definitely going into my regular rotation - they are so easy and quick to prepare. I also added a some finely chopped walnuts to my second batch and they turned out really well. Thanks for creating and sharing this recipe!
Kind regards,
Rosa

Erin said...

Just made these tonight - baked the first batch for 10 min and they were a bit crisp for my taste. Baked the second batch for 8 mins and they were perfect! Flavour is yummy - so going to try these with ice cream! These are great for my Nutella loving Celiac son :)

showfoodchef said...

Thanks SO much for checking out this post and for making these cookies. It is thrilling to hear you like them, and your family and children like them too. Much love for 2012!

Anonymous said...

Omg these cookies are great!

Anonymous said...

Can I make these in a microwave or toaster?

Anonymous said...

this totally works! thin, crispy disks of yummy!!
my only word of caution is that the cookies really spread while baking, so have at least 2 inches of space between them and use a small teaspoon measure to scoop them out.
Also, allow them to cool in the pan for 5 min before moving them, because they are very soft straight out of the oven, but do crisp up once they cool.
Can't believe they were so easy!